Samphire & lemony salmon linguine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small preserved lemon , flesh and pith scooped out, skin finely chopped
- 2 large shallots , finely chopped
- ½ red chilli , finely sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley stalks (reserve the leaves, to serve)
- small glass of rosé wine or white wine
- 175g linguine
- 80g samphire
- 100g cooked salmon , flaked into large pieces
- juice ½ lemon
- STEP 1
Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed, non-stick frying pan or skillet. Add the preserved lemon, shallot, chilli, parsley stalks and seasoning, and sweat for about 5 mins or until soft and fragrant. Pour in the wine and bubble for 1-2 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the linguine and cook following pack instructions until just al dente. Throw the samphire into the water with the linguine. Cook for 30 secs, then drain everything, reserving a few ladlefuls of the pasta water.
- STEP 3
Add the linguine and samphire to the frying pan with half a ladle of the pasta water. Add the salmon and lemon juice, and stir thoroughly to combine into a sauce, adding a splash more of the water if needed. Season to taste. Divide between plates and grind over some extra black pepper. Garnish with more chopped parsley, if you like.