Roasted red pepper & tuna salad with sherry vinegar
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Ideal as part of a tapas spread, serve this punchy salad, ready in just 15 minutes, alongside fried chorizo, Serrano and bread for easy weekend entertaining
- 5-6 whole roasted peppers from a jar, cut into large pieces
- 80g can sustainable tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs , hard-boiled, peeled and quartered
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 8 black olives , pitted and halved
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- STEP 1
Arrange the roasted peppers on a plate. Scatter the tuna, eggs, onion and olives on top. Drizzle over the vinegar and oil, then scatter with parsley and seasoning.
MANCHEGO & QUINCE STICKS
Cut 200g manchego into chunks, and 150g membrillo or quince paste into similar-size chunks. Skewer with toothpicks and serve.
Add some ice cubes to 6 tumblers. Pour 75ml dry fino sherry, in each glass and top up with soda water. Add a squeeze of lime and a lime wedge.
GARLIC PRAWNS WITH PARSLEY & LEMON
In a large frying pan heat 4 tbsp olive oil and fry 3 chopped garlic cloves with a pinch of red chili flakes. Add 400g large, raw, peeled prawns and cook over high heat for 2-3 mins until pink. At the last minute, squeeze in the juice from half a lemon and sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley. Serve with some crusty bread to mop up the juices.