Roast vegetable tray
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 4 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 6 medium carrots, ends trimmed
- 6 small parsnips, ends trimmed
- 4 small onions
- 1 small swede, cut into thick wedges
- large knob of butter, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Pour 3 tbsp of the oil into a roasting tin, scatter and roll the vegetables in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Can be prepared to this stage up to an hour ahead.
- STEP 2
Roast the vegetables for 45-55 mins until tender and golden brown. Brush with butter before serving.