Reggae reggae nachos
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion , diced
- ½ Scotch bonnet chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomato
- ½ x 295g bottle Levi Roots Love Apple Tomato sauce or tomato sauce with a good splash Tabasco
- ½ tsp allspice
- 2 x bags tortilla chip
- 200g jar sliced jalapeno chilli
- 2 x balls mozzarella , torn
- small handful coriander , chopped
- 230g tub fresh guacamole
- ½ x 300ml pot soured cream
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then soften the onion and chilli for a few mins. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and allspice. Bubble for 1 min, then remove from the heat.
- STEP 2
Take a large ovenproof dish or plate and pile on the tortilla chips. Cover with the tomato sauce, then sprinkle with the sliced jalapeños and mozzarella.
- STEP 3
Place in oven for about 15 mins until cheese is melted. Scatter with coriander. Serve with guacamole and soured cream on the side.