Quinoa salad with shredded greens & raisins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 150g quinoa
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g cavolo nero, shredded
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped into small pieces
- 30g raisins
- 2 small avocados, chopped
- 40g vegetarian feta
- STEP 1
Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under running water until the water runs clear, then cook for 20 mins following pack instructions. Leave to rest for 5 mins. Rinse again and drain well by pressing in the sieve.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, put the vinegar and oil in a large bowl, add the cavolo nero and massage in the dressing with your hands to soften it.
- STEP 3
Add the quinoa, onion, pepper and raisins, then toss well. Spoon half onto plates, scatter over 1 chopped avocado, crumble in half the feta and toss. The remainder will keep chilled for up to three days. Top with the remaining avocado and feta, then serve.