Quick veg & soft cheese frittata
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 100g lardon or chopped streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large courgettes , cut into chunks
- 350g frozen sweetcorn
- 400g frozen spinach , defrosted and drained
- 8 eggs
- 150g pack soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- STEP 1
Fry the lardons or bacon in the oil in a large non-stick frying pan until starting to brown, add the courgettes, then fry for a couple of mins until they begin to soften. Add the sweetcorn and spinach, season if you like, then heat through.
- STEP 2
Heat grill to medium. Beat the eggs, then pour over the vegetables. Crumble over the cheese, then cook gently until the egg has just set around the edges, about 5 mins. Slide the frittata under the grill, then cook until the egg is set and the top is lightly browned. Cut into wedges and serve with a simple green salad.