Quick plum crumble
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1kg plums (or apples), stoned and quartered
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 200g madeira cake , diced into cubes
- 5 tbsp double cream or custard
- handful flaked almond or chopped pistachios
- icing sugar , for dusting
- STEP 1
Simmer the plums, covered, with 200ml water and sugar until softened. Tip into a baking dish and scatter over the madeira cake.
- STEP 2
Drizzle with double cream, scatter with the nuts and dust with icing sugar. Bake at 180C/160C fan/gas 4, just until browning.