Quick chilli with creamy chive crushed potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Make comfort in a pot with this tasty and warming recipe, perfect for rainy evenings
- 454g pack reduced-fat pork sausage
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1kg new potatoes , skins on, thickly sliced
- 2 red peppers , deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tsp each ground coriander , chilli powder and ground cumin
- 400g can red kidney beans in water, rinsed and drained
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 5 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 20g pack chive , snipped
- STEP 1
Squeeze 3 balls of meat from each sausage, then fry in the oil for 5 mins until golden. While they cook, put the potatoes on to boil for 10 mins until tender. Add the peppers to the pan, then fry for 4 mins more. Tip in the garlic and spices, fry for 1 min, then add the beans, tomatoes and sugar. Simmer for 5 mins until saucy and the meatballs are cooked.
- STEP 2
Drain the potatoes, then crush with a masher. Fold through the yogurt and chives, loosen with a splash of water, then serve with the chilli. Top with a dollop more yogurt and sprinkling of chives, if you like.
MAKING IT DIFFERENT
BBQ sausage & bean pot. Fry the whole sausages with 6 chopped bacon rashers and 1 chopped onion in a little oil for 5-8 mins. Add 2 x 400g cans mixed beans, a 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs, the sugar and chilli powder. Simmer for 8 mins, or until cooked through. Serve with the mash.