Peppered fillet of beef with grilled artichoke salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This sophisticated meal is the perfect weekend treat, impressive and quick to prepare too
- 2 fillet steaks (about 140g each)
- 1 tbsp dried pink peppercorn , crushed with a rolling pin
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus a drizzle
- 250g grilled baby artichoke heart , drained and halved if whole
- 85g mixed salad leaves
- 100g grilled pepper
- 10 SunBlush tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar (look for a good one, aged for about four years)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, season the beef with salt, then rub in the crushed peppercorns. Add the oil to the pan, then brown the steaks for 1 min each side. Place on a roasting tray and put in the oven for 5-8 mins. Remove, wrap tightly in foil, then leave to rest while making the salad.
- STEP 2
Arrange the artichoke pieces on two serving plates. Put the salad leaves in a mixing bowl with the peppers and tomatoes, drizzle in a little olive oil, season, then arrange on top of the artichokes. Drizzle some balsamic over the top. Remove beef from the foil, slice, then place on the plate and serve.