Weaning recipe: Pea pesto with pasta shapes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 100g - enough for baby and parent
For the pesto
- 50g frozen peas
- 20g pine nuts , toasted
- 20g parmesan , grated, plus extra for sprinkling on adult portion
- around 8 basil leaves
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- cooked pasta shapes, to serve
- STEP 1
Tip the peas into a food processor, along with the pine nuts, Parmesan, basil and olive oil. Blitz until smooth. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times. It should be a really smooth consistency with no chunks of pine nut for babies.
- STEP 2
Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, then stir through a little pesto. Babies should need about one teaspoon for a serving.
- STEP 3
Cover and keep the remaining pesto in the fridge for up to 3 days.