Ginger prawn & pasta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 25-35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 100g fresh beansprout
- 250g fresh tagliatelle
- 2 carrots , cut into thin sticks
- 1bunch spring onions , cut into shreds
- ¼ cucumber , cut into thin ribbons
- 200g cooked peeled prawn
- 5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1large garlic clove , crushed
- 1 tsp clear honey
- sesame oil , to serve
- STEP 1
Put the beansprouts in a bowl, cover with cold water and leave for 10 minutes, then drain (this crisps them up). Meanwhile cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- STEP 2
Tip the pasta into a colander and run under the cold tap, then drain thoroughly. Toss with the carrots, spring onions, cucumber, prawns and beansprouts.
- STEP 3
For the dressing, whisk together the sunflower oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and honey. Pour over the pasta and lightly toss. Drizzle with a little sesame oil to serve. You can make this up to 4 hours ahead - keep it chilled until ready to serve.