Nectarine & strawberry pots
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus chilling time
- Serves 4
- 250g pot mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of a large orange
- 2-4 tbsp icing sugar , to taste
- 85g flaked almonds , toasted
- 2 ripe nectarines , hlaved, stoned and thinly sliced
- 100g strawberries , hulled and thinly sliced
For the chocolate sauce
- 100g bar dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 142ml carton of double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- STEP 1
Line 4 x 150ml ramekin dishes with cling film. Beat the mascarpone until soft and creamy, then mix in the vanilla extract, orange zest and icing sugar to taste. Fold in 50g/2oz of the almonds.
- STEP 2
In the prepared ramekins, carefully layer up the cheese mixture with the nectarines and strawberries. Level the tops and chill for at least 1hr.
- STEP 3
To make the sauce, put the chocolate, cream and butter in a small pan and stir over a low heat until melted. Don’t leave the pan as the chocolate will turn grainy if it gets too hot. Once melted, stir in 2 tbsp of hot (not boiling) water.
- STEP 4
To serve, run round the ramekins with a sharp knife then unmould onto plates. Top with remaining almonds and drizzle with warm chocolate sauce.