Mustard, sausage & apple tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 450g pack or 6 fat sausage
- 1 large red onion , halved and cut into thin wedges
- 1 red eating apple , thickly sliced (leave the skin on)
- small pack sage , leaves only
- 1 tsp sunflower oil or vegetable oil
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cut the sausages into large chunks – it's easiest with a sharp pair of kitchen scissors. Put the onion, apple and sage into a bowl, drizzle over a little oil and toss well.
- STEP 2
Unroll the pastry directly onto a large, flat baking sheet. With a sharp knife, score a border inside the pastry, about a thumbwidth from the edge. Spread the mustard over the pastry, keeping within the border, then scatter over the sausage chunks and onion mix. Season to taste, then bake for 20 mins, until the sausage is cooked through, the onion and apple are starting to turn golden and the pastry edges are well puffed and golden. Cut into slices and serve with salad or chips.