Mushroom fajitas with avocado hummus
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Get four of your 5-a-day in one hit thanks to these tortilla wraps with spicy mushrooms, avocado hummus and griddled onions
- 1 large avocado , stoned, peeled and chopped
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tomatoes , deseeded and diced
- 1 red onion , cut into thick rounds
- 2 large flat mushrooms thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fajita spice mix
- 4 tortillas
- shredded Little Gem lettuce and Tabasco sauce, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the avocado, chickpeas, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a food processor and whizz together until it forms a chunky consistency. Spoon into a bowl, season and stir in the tomatoes.
- STEP 2
Drizzle the onion and mushroom with the oil and sprinkle over the fajita seasoning. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the onion for 2 mins on each side, then remove from the pan and keep warm. Cook the mushrooms for 2 mins on each side or until softened and turning golden in places.
- STEP 3
Spread some of the avocado hummus down the middle of each wrap and top with the mushrooms and onions. Add shredded lettuce and a dash of Tabasco, if you like, and wrap up.