Mixed winter greens with brown butter breadcrumbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 100g butter
- 140g fresh breadcrumb
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- zest 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp olive oil , for frying
- 400g kale , shredded, stalks removed
- 400g large-leaf spinach , washed
- STEP 1
Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat until it turns a nut-brown colour. Add the breadcrumbs and garlic, then fry, stirring, until golden. Add the parsley and lemon zest. Season with a little salt, then tip onto a piece of kitchen paper and let cool.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then cook the kale until just softened – add a splash of water if it starts to stick. Add the spinach, then cook for 3-4 mins. Drain any excess water from the pan, then season with sea salt and black pepper. Spoon into a serving dish, top with the breadcrumb mixture and serve.