Mini Christmas cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes 1
- 1 tbsp melted and sieved apricot jam
- 200g marzipan
- 300g white ready-to-roll fondant icing
- gold or silver edible spray
- edible gold balls
- 1 8cm-wide mini Christmas cake, taken from the centre of the Christmas wreath cake (see 'goes well with')
- STEP 1
Use apricot jam to glaze your mini cake. Cover using marzipan and 250g of the white ready-to-roll fondant icing.
- STEP 2
Roll out another 50g icing and cut out snowflakes or stars using cutters – you can spray them with gold or silver edible spray to make them look really dramatic. Stick them on top of the cake with a little runny icing, place an edible gold ball between the points and add the pretty ribbon.