Microwave butternut squash risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g risotto rice
- 700ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 medium butternut squash
- big handful grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), plus extra
- handful sage leaves, roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Tip the rice into a large bowl, then add 500ml of the hot vegetable stock. Cover with cling film and microwave on High for 5 mins. Meanwhile, peel and cut the squash into medium chunks (see tip, below). Stir the rice, then add the squash and the rest of the stock. Re-cover with cling film, then microwave for another 15 mins, stirring halfway, until almost all the stock is absorbed and the rice and squash are tender.
- STEP 2
Leave the risotto to sit for 2 mins, then stir in the parmesan and sage. Serve topped with more grated cheese.