Mackerel with warm cauliflower & caper salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 300g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 lemon
- 4 capers, rinsed
- ½ small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ small bunch mint, chopped
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 large or 4 small mackerel fillets
- STEP 1
Heat the grill and bring a pan of water to the boil. Drop the cauliflower into the water, then cook for 4-5 mins until just tender. Zest and juice half the lemon, then mix with the capers, parsley, mint, olive oil and garlic in a salad bowl. When the cauliflower is cooked, drain, then stir into the herby dressing with some seasoning while still hot.
- STEP 2
Put the mackerel on a baking tray, zest the remaining lemon half over it, season, then grill for a couple of mins on each side. Cut the lemon into wedges. Serve alongside the mackerel and cauliflower salad.