Lemon-spiced chicken with chickpeas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 1 cinnamon stick , broken in half
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 400g can chickpea , drained
- 200ml chicken stock
- 250g bag spinach
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion gently for 5 mins. Turn up the heat and add the chicken, frying for about 3 mins until golden.
- STEP 2
Stir in the spices and lemon zest, fry for 1 more min, then tip in the chickpeas and stock. Put the lid on and simmer for 5 mins.
- STEP 3
Season to taste, then tip in spinach and re-cover. Leave to wilt for 2 mins, then stir through. Squeeze over the lemon juice just before serving.