Lemon & rosemary halloumi skewers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Plus marinating
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary , chopped
- 1 large lemon , halved lengthways
- 250g pack halloumi cheese , cut into large chunks
- 1 small red onion , cut into 8 wedges
- 1 courgette , cut into 8 chunks
- STEP 1
Mix olive oil and rosemary in a non-metallic bowl. Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from ½ lemon, then add to the mixture. Season to taste. Stir in halloumi to coat in the marinade. Cover, then leave for 15 mins.
- STEP 2
Cut the other ½ lemon into 4 wedges, then cut each wedge in half. Remove the halloumi from the marinade and thread onto metal skewers with red onion, lemon wedges and courgettes. Barbecue for 5-10 mins, turning occasionally and brushing on any leftover marinade. Serve with houmous and couscous.