Lemon & parsley tabbouleh
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 175g bulghar wheat or couscous
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato , finely chopped
- 50g whole blanched almonds , finely chopped
- large bunch (80g pack) flat-leaf parsley , very roughly chopped
To make with goat's cheese
- 200g crumbled goat's cheese
- large pinch chilli flakes
- black pepper , to serve
To make with grilled halloumi
- 1 tbsp oil
- 250g pack halloumi cheese
- 2 small preserved lemons
- STEP 1
Place the bulghar wheat or couscous in a heatproof bowl with the crumbled stock cube and garlic, pour over boiling water to cover, then set aside for 30 mins for bulghar or 10 mins for couscous.
- STEP 2
If you’ve used bulghar wheat, drain thoroughly, or fluff up couscous with a fork. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve, chill until needed, or see suggestions, right.
- STEP 3
To make with goat's cheese, mix the crumbled goat’s cheese, and a large pinch chilli flakes into the salad with lots of black pepper. Divide between bowls and serve.
- STEP 4
To make with grilled halloumi, heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Thickly slice the halloumi cheese and fry on a high heat for 2-3 mins on each side, or until softened and golden. Finely chop the small preserved lemons into the salad. Divide between bowls. Top with the cheese slices and serve.