Lemon & greens pesto pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 350g pasta (we used linguine)
- ½ small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- large handful of basil
- 1 large handful of spinach wilted in boiling water, cooled and excess water squeezed out
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- large handful of frozen peas, set aside in boiled water until heated through
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- 3 tbsp soft cheese
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli for 4 mins in boiling salted water. Drain, then put in a food processor along with the basil, spinach and pine nuts. Pulse until combined.
- STEP 2
Stir in the garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, peas, parmesan and soft cheese, and season to taste.
- STEP 3
Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan and add the pesto along with a splash of water to loosen. Toss together, check the seasoning and serve.