Kids' club sandwiches
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
- 6 rashers smoked back bacon
- 9 slices square wholemeal bread
- 200g pack light soft cheese
- 1 carrot , grated
- 1 Little Gem lettuce (about 6 leaves)
- 12 cucumber slices (optional)
- 2 tomatoes , sliced
- STEP 1
Heat grill to medium high and grill the bacon for 5 mins, turning once. Lightly toast the bread, then cut off the crusts.
- STEP 2
Mix the soft cheese with the grated carrot and spread over 6 slices of the toast. Top 3 of these with lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes, then a plain slice of toast.
- STEP 3
Put 2 rashers of bacon on top of each stack, then top the sandwiches with the rest of the cheese-spread toast, cheesy side down. Push a paper-topped (for safety) cocktail stick into each side of the sandwich, about 3cm in from each corner. Cut each sandwich into four triangles. Keep together and wrap in cling film until just before serving.