Horseradish baked salmon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
- 2 slices bread , crusts removed
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 2 tsp chopped thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 4 thin skinless salmon steaks, about 140g/5oz each
- 1 small Savoy cabbage , shredded
- 2 rounded tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Whizz the bread into crumbs in a food processor. Add the horseradish and thyme, then season and mix well.
- STEP 2
Put the salmon in one layer in a lightly oiled baking dish. Press the crumbs on to the flesh, then bake for 10-12 mins.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, put the cabbage in a large pan with a little salt and pour in boiling water to come halfway up. Cover and cook for 8-10 mins until tender. Drain well, then return to the pan with the yogurt and plenty of black pepper. Reheat gently. Pile the cabbage onto plates and serve with the salmon.