Herbed pork fillet with roast vegetables
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes around 1½ - 1¾ hours
- Serves 4
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 1 butternut squash (about 650g/1lb 7oz), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp pork seasoning or dried mixed Italian herbs
- 500g lean pork tenderloin, in one or two pieces
- 1 medium Bramley apple
- 400ml hot chicken stock
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas 6/fan 180C. Put all the vegetables into a roasting tin. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss everything together.
- STEP 2
On a plate, mix together the lemon zest and pork seasoning or herbs. Roll the pork tenderloin in the mixture, then put it on top of the vegetables. Roast for 40 minutes.
- STEP 3
Peel and core the apple and cut it into chunks. Scatter the pieces into the roasting tin, then pour in the hot stock and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Slice the pork, arrange on a platter with the veg, then spoon the pan juices on top.