Hazelnut cream hot chocolate
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 50ml double cream
- 1 tsp chocolate hazelnut spread (we used Nutella)
- 150ml whole milk
- 25g milk chocolate , chopped
- 25ml hazelnut liqueur (we used Frangelico)
- 1 tsp chopped hazelnuts , toasted
- STEP 1
Whip the cream until thick and billowy then fold in the chocolate hazelnut spread. Only stir once or twice, you want a marbled effect.
- STEP 2
In a small saucepan over a medium heat warm the milk until simmering. Take off the heat then add the chocolate. Let it melt, stirring frequently until smooth. Return to the heat until warm then add the hazelnut liqueur.
- STEP 3
Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and add the whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle the top with the toasted hazelnuts and enjoy.