- 250g pouch ready-to-eat mixed grains
- 280g leftover ham, shredded or cut into chunks
- 100g bag watercress
With deep green leaves, and crisp, paler stems, watercress is related to mustard and is one of…
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
Like Marmite, fennel is something that you either love or hate – its strong aniseed…
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
Grown in Europe and the US, hazelnuts are encased in a smooth, hard brown shell but are most…
- small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- 1½ tbsp dried cranberries, roughly chopped
A tart, ruby-red coloured berry which grows wild on shrubs throughout northern Europe and North…
For the dressing
For the dressing, put all the ingredients in a jar, along with some seasoning, pop on the lid and give it a really good shake.
Tip the grains into a large bowl and toss through the ham, watercress, fennel, hazelnuts and parsley. Just before serving, pour over the dressing and gently toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and scatter over the dried cranberries.