Halloumi & pepper kebabs with lemony cabbage salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g halloumi cheese , cut into cubes
- 3 red peppers , deseeded and cut into squares
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano (fresh or dried)
For the salad
- 500g red cabbage , finely shredded
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice ½ lemon
- handful parsley , finely shredded
- pitta breads and tzatziki, to serve
- STEP 1
Thread the halloumi and red peppers onto 8 soaked wooden skewers and put on a plate. Stir the oil and oregano together, then drizzle it over the kebabs. Season well with black pepper – you shouldn’t need salt.
- STEP 2
To make the salad, put the cabbage in a bowl. Mix together the oil, lemon juice and seasoning, pour over the cabbage, and toss until well coated, then stir through the parsley.
- STEP 3
Barbecue the skewers for 10 mins on each side until the cheese is golden and the peppers slightly charred. Serve on a large platter with pitta breads and tzatziki, with salad on the side.