- 1 handful spinach (about 50g/2oz), roughly chopped
Used in almost every cuisine across the world, spinach is an enormously popular green vegetable…
- 100g broccoli florets, roughly chopped
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
- 2 celery sticks
A collection of long, thick, juicy stalks around a central, tender heart, celery ranges in…
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 banana
Probably the best known, most popular tropical fruit, their name probably derives from the…
- 300ml rice milk (see Tip)
- ¼ tsp spirulina or 1 scoop of greens powder or vegan protein powder (optional)
Spirulina is a freshwater algae or seaweed that grows naturally in tropical and sub-tropical…
Whizz 300ml water and the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Rice milkBrown rice milk is a great dairy alternative – I used one from Rude Health. Try to choose unsweetened versions, which are fortified with calcium and vitamins.