- 200g pack diced smoked bacon lardons
- 200ml crème fraîche
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
- 4 pre-made large pancakes
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 50g finely grated gruyère
Gruyère is an undoubted pinnacle of traditional Swiss cheese-making, a culinary masterpiece as…
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
Heat grill to high and put the bacon lardons on a baking tray. Grill for around 10 mins until crisp, then set aside. Mix the crème fraîche with the nutmeg and caraway seeds (if using) and season.
Working in batches, place a pancake on a non-stick baking sheet, divide the crème fraîche mixture between the 4 pancakes, then top each pancake with the lardons, shallots and cheese.
Put the pancakes under the grill for 2-3 mins (you will need to do this in batches again) or until the cheese is golden and bubbling. While they cook, mix the cucumber with the vinegar and dill, season, then serve alongside the pancakes.