Frozen fruit crumble
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 100g plain flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 100g butter , cubed
- 50g light brown soft sugar , plus a little extra if needed
- 60g flaked almonds (optional)
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 500g frozen berries or summer fruit, defrosted
- ice cream , custard or cream, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the flour, oats, butter and sugar in a bowl and squash together with your fingers into a crumble texture. Sprinkle over a baking tray and bake for 10 mins, stirring and roughly breaking up halfway through cooking. Stir through the flaked almonds, if using. Can be done up to two days ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- STEP 2
Sprinkle the ground almonds over the base of an ovenproof dish, then spoon in the fruit. If the berries are sour, sprinkle over a little extra brown sugar. Sprinkle the crumble mix over the fruit and bake for 15 mins. Rest for 5 mins before serving with ice cream, custard or cream.