Fragrant courgette & prawn curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Wondering what to do with a glut of courgettes? Put them to good use in this spicy, summery one-pot
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g courgettes , thickly sliced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp ginger , finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 500g tomato , chopped
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
- 225g pack raw peeled frozen jumbo prawn , thawed
- ½ small bunch coriander , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large wok and stir-fry the courgettes for 5-6 mins until softened. Lift from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil behind.
- STEP 2
Add the cumin seeds to the pan and toast for a few secs, then add the ginger, garlic, chilli and spices. Cook, stirring for 1-2 mins, then tip in the tomatoes and cook for a few mins more.
- STEP 3
Pour in the stock and simmer to make a pulpy sauce, then add the courgettes and prawns. Cook gently until the prawns change from grey to pink and the courgettes are tender, but not too soft. Stir in most of the coriander, saving some to sprinkle over the top. Serve with basmati rice and mango chutney, if you like.