- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 30cm/12in bought pizza base
- 6 rounded tbsp tomato sauce from a jar (we used Loyd Grossman's Tomato and Chilli)
- 175g washed spinach leaves
- about a third or a 290g jar of antipasti mushrooms
- 50g (or vegetarian alternative) parmesan , finely grated
- 4 medium eggs (large may overflow)
- STEP 1
To prepare the pizza, preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6/fan 180C. Put the pizza base on a baking sheet and spread with the sauce.
- STEP 2
To cook the spinach, put it in a microwavable bowl, cover with cling film and pierce it a couple of times. Put in the microwave on High (850W) for 2 minutes until wilted (or cook in a covered pan for 2-3 minutes). Drain and spread the spinach over the pizza base, then get the mushrooms out of the jar with a fork and scatter them over the top. Season and sprinkle with half the parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3
Make four dips in the spinach with the back of a spoon, and crack an egg into each. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for a further 6- 8 minutes, until the eggs are just set.