Flash-fried prawns with chilli, lemon & parsley
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6 - 8
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g large raw prawn , butterflied
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Season the prawns and set aside. Cook the garlic over medium-low heat until it just starts to colour. Increase heat to high and add the prawns and chilli. Stir quickly and keep turning prawns in the pan.
- STEP 2
After 1 min, pour in the lemon juice. Toss until prawns are opaque – about 1 min more. Sprinkle over lemon zest and parsley and serve with crusty bread.