- 250g lean minced beef
The classic choice of meat for a British Sunday roast. Beef is full of flavour, as…
- 3 nests medium egg noodles
- thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 heaped tsp five-spice powder
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 225g pack mangetout or sugar snap peas
The French name tells you everything; it means ‘eat it all’. Mangetout properly…
- 400ml beef stock
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce, or more to taste
- sesame oil, to serve
- red chilli, deseeded and shredded to serve (optional)
Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok, then fry the beef for 10 mins until very well browned. Don’t add any oil. Meanwhile, boil the noodles following pack instructions, then drain.
Add the ginger, garlic, five-spice, chilli powder and mangetout to the browned mince, then fry for a few mins more until fragrant and the pods are bright green. Splash in the stock, add the noodles, then season with the soy sauce. Pile into bowls (use tongs, it’s easier), sprinkling with the sesame oil and red chilli if using.