- small knob fresh ginger , peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion , sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 100ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp low-fat fromage frais
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- handful toasted, sliced almonds , to serve
- coriander leaves, plain rice , naan bread or chapatis, to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the ginger, garlic and onion in a large pan with the oil until softened. Tip in the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 mins, then add in garam masala and cook for 1 min further.
- STEP 2
Pour over the stock and simmer for 10 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Mix together the fromage frais and ground almonds. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the fromage frais mixture. Sprinkle over sliced almonds, garnish with coriander and serve with boiled rice, chapatis or plain naan bread.