Crunchy mozzarella salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 2
A vegetarian rainbow salad with cucumber strips, semi-dried tomatoes, peppers, cheese and seeds
- 100g lamb's lettuce or baby spinach leaves, or a mixture of both
- ½ cucumber , cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes in oil from a jar (reserve 1 tbsp oil for drizzling)
- 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 125g ball light buffalo mozzarella , cut into slices
- 2 tsp pumpkin seed
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- STEP 1
Put the salad leaves, cucumber, semi-dried tomatoes and pepper in a large bowl and toss together. Divide the salad between 2 serving plates.
- STEP 2
Divide the mozzarella equally between the plates, scatter with pumpkin seeds, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and oil from the tomatoes.