- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2 children
- 2 large handfuls of frozen potato wedges , about 350g/12oz
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 small skinless boneless chicken breast fillets , or 1 large one cut into 2 lengthways
- 1 small packet of ready salted crisps
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- red pepper, carrot and cucumber sticks and mayonnaise , to serve
- STEP 1
Preheat the grill to high. Lay the wedges in a single layer on a baking tray and grill for 10 minutes, turning them once or twice until golden.
- STEP 2
While the wedges are cooking, prepare and cook the chicken. On a plate, spread the ketchup over the chicken. Using your hands, crumble over the crisps and press them into the chicken so they stick on (this is a fun, messy job children will enjoy). Now you will need to wash your hands.
- STEP 3
Heat the oil in a frying pan, preferably non-stick, and fry the chicken over a lowish heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Resist the temptation to move the chicken around – simply let it cook on one side, turn it once carefully with a fish slice, then cook on the other side until it’s crispy. Serve the chicken with the potato wedges, the crunchy vegetable sticks and blobs of mayonnaise for dipping the sticks into.