Creamy mustard & tarragon chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 200ml tub half-fat crème fraîche
- ½ tbsp each Dijon and wholegrain mustard
- ¼ tbsp dried tarragon , or 2 sprigs of fresh if you have it
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan. Season the chicken breasts, then brown for 1 min on each side. Remove from the pan, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Add the crème fraîche, mustards and tarragon to the pan, stirring to combine everything. Bring to a simmer, then return the chicken to the pan, spooning some of the sauce over the fillets. Lift into the oven, then bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through and sauce bubbling. Great with green beans and rice.