Cranberry & kumquat relish
- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 8 - 10
- 200g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 8 kumquats , thickly sliced and any pips discarded, plus extra for garnish
- 100g light muscovado sugar , plus extra if needed
- 3 pieces preserved stem ginger in syrup, cut into matchstick-size strips
- STEP 1
Put the cranberries and kumquats in a pan with 300ml/⁄½ pint water. Bring to the boil and simmer very gently for 5-6 minutes, or until the skins start to pop.
- STEP 2
Stir in sugar until dissolved, simmer for 4-5 minutes until thick and jam-like. Add stem ginger and more sugar if you like. Cool before serving. Relish can be stored in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days.