Corned beef hash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 500g potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 340g can corned beef, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- baked beans and a little curly parsley, roughly chopped, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Put the potatoes in a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for about 6-7 mins, then drain.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 3-4 mins over a medium heat. Add the potatoes and corned beef, and push down with a spatula to crisp up, cooking for about 5 mins. Turn the mixture over, trying not to break up the meat and potatoes too much, then add the Worcestershire sauce. Cook for another 5 mins, pushing down to crisp the base again. Season a little, then serve with baked beans and a sprinkling of parsley, if you like.