Coconut chicken with cucumber salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 egg white , lightly beaten
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- ½ cucumber , thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Season the egg white. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 20-25 mins, turning once until the chicken is cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, tip the cucumber slices into a colander, sprinkle with a little salt and leave for 5 mins to drain. Pat the cucumber slices dry with kitchen paper. In a bowl, mix the onion with the sugar and vinegar, then add the cucumber and serve with the chicken.