- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus cooling
- More effort
- Serves 10
- 200g block creamed coconut , chopped
- 3 tbsp rapeseed or groundnut oil
- 200g tub full-fat soft cheese
- 600g sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 375g plain flour
- 175g desiccated coconut
- icing sugar, raspberry lime drizzle (see below), coconut curls and lime zest (both optional) to serve
- STEP 1
In a small pan, heat the creamed coconut gently until it melts. Mix in oil, then pour into a large bowl. Leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Line a deep 20 x 30cm baking tin with baking parchment. Add cheese and sugar to the cooled cream, then beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. The mix will become mousse-like. Fold in flour, then coconut.
- STEP 3
Scrape into the tin. Bake for 1 hr-1 hr 5 mins until golden brown and a skewer stuck in the centre comes out clean. Turn out and cool on a rack. Serve, dusted with icing sugar and cut in wedges. Pour on the drizzle, add coconut curls and zest, if using.