Ciabatta pizzas with sticky onions
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , sliced
- leaves from 2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 10 peppadew peppers from a jar, quartered
- 3 tbsp black olives , pitted and halved
- 1 ciabatta loaf, sliced lengthways and halved
- 2 handfuls grated gruyères or cheddar
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and heat the oil in a large, lidded frying pan. Add the onions, garlic and rosemary with a splash of water, cover, then cook for about 10 mins until soft. Remove the lid, turn up the heat, then cook for a few more mins.
- STEP 2
Stir in the peppers, olives and some seasoning. Place the ciabatta halves, facing upwards, on a baking tray. Divide the mixture over the bread, spreading a little to cover. Sprinkle over the cheese, then bake for 10 mins or until the cheese is bubbling. These are delicious with a green salad.