- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 4
Our easy minestrone soup makes a filling lunch or a satisfying supper, served with fresh bread. This simple bowl of goodness is packed with nutritious veg
- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large potatoes, cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2l vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can butter or cannellini beans
- 140g spaghetti, snapped into short lengths
- ½ head Savoy cabbage, shredded
- crusty bread, to serve
- STEP 1
In a food processor, whizz the carrots, onion and celery into small pieces. Heat the oil in a pan, add the processed vegetables, garlic and potatoes, then cook over a high heat for 5 mins until softened.
- STEP 2
Stir in the tomato purée, stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 mins.
- STEP 3
Tip in the beans and pasta, then cook for a further 10 mins, adding the cabbage for the final 2 mins. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.