Chunky chicken & ham chowder
- Preparation and cooking time
- Easily halved
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 leeks , thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes , cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 700ml skimmed milk
- 2 ready roasted chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into chunks
- 2 thick slices ham , chopped
- 175g each frozen sweetcorn and frozen peas
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the leeks over a low heat for 3 mins until softened. Stir in the potatoes and flour, then slowly blend in the milk, stirring with a wooden spoon. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 mins until the potatoes are soft.
- STEP 2
Add the chicken, ham, sweetcorn and peas, then stir over a medium heat for 5 mins or until hot and bubbling. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.