Chinese steamed bass with cabbage
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 sea bass , or other white fish fillets
- 1 green or red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh root ginger
- 300g green cabbage , finely shredded
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 2 tsp low salt soy sauce
- STEP 1
Sprinkle the fish with the chilli, ginger and a little salt. Steam the cabbage for 5 mins. Lay fish on top of the cabbage and steam for a further 5 mins until cooked through.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oils in a small pan, add the garlic and quickly cook, stirring until lightly browned. Transfer the cabbage and fish to serving plates, sprinkle each with 1 tsp of soy sauce, then pour over the garlicky oil.