Chilli chicken one-pot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A prepare-ahead one pot that will please all ages and is easily made for a crowd, just reheat and add some garlic bread and a salad
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 265g chorizo ring, peeled and thickly sliced
- 4 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 2 x 400g/14oz can chopped tomato
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- ½-1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 16 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 x 410g/14oz cans red kidney beans, drained
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Fry the onions in the oil for 5 mins until they become soft and start to colour. Add the chorizo and fry for a few mins more. Stir in the peppers, then pour in the tomatoes, followed by a can of water, the stock cubes, chilli and oregano.
- STEP 2
Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the sauce, pushing them under the liquid. Bring to a simmer, cover, then cook in the oven for 40 mins. Add the beans, stir, then cook for 20 mins more. You can make this up to 2 days ahead and keep chilled.
- STEP 3
To serve, reheat on the top of the stove or in the oven at 190C/fan 170C/gas 5 for 1 hr 10 mins until piping hot. Stir in most of the coriander, toss the rest with the avocado, lime and a little salt, then pile this on top. Serve with Garlic & oregano bread (below) and a bag of green salad tossed with olives, cherry tomatoes and finely sliced red onion.