Chicken, fennel & tomato ragout
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 200g new potato, cut into chunks
- 400g can of chopped tomato
- 150ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 roasted red peppers in brine, from a jar or deli counter, chopped
- STEP 1
Trim the green tops off the fennel and reserve. Halve, then quarter the fennel, cut out the core, then cut lengthways into slices. Heat the oil in a pan, add the chicken, then fry quickly until lightly coloured. Add the fennel and garlic, then stir briefly until the fennel is glistening.
- STEP 2
Tip in the potatoes, tomatoes, stock and a little seasoning, and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 mins until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the peppers and heat through. Roughly chop the reserved fennel fronds, then sprinkle over the ragout. Serve with crusty bread for mopping up the juices.