Cheesy mustard mash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1kg Maris Piper potato , cut into large chunks
- 4 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- 50g very strong cheddar , grated
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp thyme leaf
- STEP 1
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 20 mins or until tender, then drain.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill to high. Mash the potatoes until smooth, then beat in the crème fraîche and half the cheese. Season to taste, then spoon the hot mash into a medium baking dish and smooth the top.
- STEP 3
Mix together the rest of the cheese, the mustard and thyme leaves. Spread over the mash with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Grill until the cheese is melting and golden, then serve with the beef.